Skip to main content

Rape is probably my least favourite (if I can use that word) case to get. If there is no (wet forensics) DNA, then it's one word against the other. We often get mobile devices to examine looking for evidence. The only occasion where we had a smoking gun I can recall is when the suspect started to contact the victim and play down the events to drunkeness and was apologetic for what happened. But they are few and far between.

Enthusiastic Contrafibularities

Rape is probably my least favourite (if I can use that word) case to get. If there is no (wet forensics) DNA, then it's one word against the other. We often get mobile devices to examine looking for evidence. The only occasion where we had a smoking gun I can recall is when the suspect started to contact the victim and play down the events to drunkeness and was apologetic for what happened. But they are few and far between.

Dame_Ann_Average

Yes...it’s quite he said /she said , isn’t it 

Baz

I'll be honest, I have seen some things which were consensual and were pretty extreme. I have also seen a couple attempting bondage, but can't tie knots, so all the ropes keep falling off. The funniest "bedroom scene" I seen in a long time. 

if anyone had ever contemplated trying to tie me to a bed, he'd be wearing his b**** for earrings, the fear of having no control would terrify me.

Dame_Ann_Average

What annoys me is that if he had gone guilty upon arrest, there would not have been all of the police work, the defence work, the jury assembly, the judge and the court time. This is all expensive. They should be made to pay all that back in either cash or time spent in prison. 

Also the complainant has to worry all the way up to the court date.

What annoys me is that if he had gone guilty upon arrest, there would not have been all of the police work, the defence work, the jury assembly, the judge and the court time. This is all expensive. They should be made to pay all that back in either cash or time spent in prison. 

100% agree EC

Dame_Ann_Average

Spot on EC 

Baz

And sentences should be what they're handed down 

Sprout
@Baz posted:

I guess they are so arrogant that they think they will get away with it 

The number of times I have had colleagues turn up to court only to be "stood down" when the suspect sees that the police and prosecution have turned up and the case will be heard. they then hit the sideroom with their brief and go guilty, especially when it's a paedophile, they don't really want to face a jury.

Last edited by Enthusiastic Contrafibularities

absolutely spot on EC

Rocking Ros Rose

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.