Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well a few of you now know this so might as well contribute to this thread... Well I'm 24 and I have a 16 year old son. You do the Maths.

A lot of people will pre-judge and probably think I've amounted to nothing, but that's not true. I haven't played a part in my son's upbringing, but that wasn't out of choice. My life would almost certainly be very different now if I had. I'd probably be less educated and poor, but more mature obviously I'd be the father figure to him. So pros and cons really.
I see him now and again on nights out and have played football against him a few times. There are no grudges from him, we stop for a chat now and then, ask how each other are doing etc, talk about Cheryl Cole and football and his beloved Sunderland <- A direct result of me not bringing him up.
It's not all bad, but I wouldn't recommend it at such a young age.
Crunchy  Nuts
Reference: 
Well a few of you now know this so might as well contribute to this thread... Well I'm 24 and I have a 16 year old son. You do the Maths. A lot of people will pre-judge and probably think I've amounted to nothing, but that's not true. I haven't played a part in my son's upbringing, but that wasn't out of choice. My life would almost certainly be very different now if I had. I'd probably be less educated and poor, but more mature obviously I'd be the father figure to him. So pros and cons really. I see him now and again on nights out and have played football against him a few times. There are no grudges from him, we stop for a chat now and then, ask how each other are doing etc, talk about Cheryl Cole and football and his beloved Sunderland <- A direct result of me not bringing him up. It's not all bad, but I wouldn't recommend it at such a young age.

Cosmopolitan
Reference:
Well a few of you now know this so might as well contribute to this thread... Well I'm 24 and I have a 16 year old son. You do the Maths. A lot of people will pre-judge and probably think I've amounted to nothing, but that's not true. I haven't played a part in my son's upbringing, but that wasn't out of choice. My life would almost certainly be very different now if I had. I'd probably be less educated and poor, but more mature obviously I'd be the father figure to him. So pros and cons really. I see him now and again on nights out and have played football against him a few times. There are no grudges from him, we stop for a chat now and then, ask how each other are doing etc, talk about Cheryl Cole and football and his beloved Sunderland <- A direct result of me not bringing him up. It's not all bad, but I wouldn't recommend it at such a young age.
Oh please
Do you really think any of us are seriously going to believe this tripe?

Seven years old and you fathered a child?

Yes of course you did Crunchy .
The only truth in the whole of this post is the bit about talking about Cheryl Cole as a 16 year old would have the emotional immaturity to have such an out and out crush/obsession on a popstar.

Most 24 year old MEN have grown out of such behaviour.
FM
Reference:
which wasn't even funny
After digesting the tragic story posted in Croc's original link, I hardly think p*ss takes and wind ups are appropriate.  I may have lost my sense of humour, but I really can't see anything about that poor little girl's situation that would make me want to use it as a lever for a cheap joke.

I'm off to my bed.  Night Prom and all. x
Cosmopolitan
Reference:
The only truth in the whole of this post is the bit about talking about Cheryl Cole as a 16 year old would have the emotional immaturity to have such an out and out crush/obsession on a popstar. Most 24 year old MEN have grown out of such behaviour.

You startin? eh eh eh! 

Me and you, 3oclock, outside House of Fraser! Bring plasters!
Crunchy  Nuts
Reference:
After digesting the tragic story posted in Croc's original link, I hardly think p*ss takes and wind ups are appropriate. I may have lost my sense of humour, but I really can't see anything about that poor little girl's situation that would make me want to use it as a lever for a cheap joke.
You could say that about anything really. I'm sorry, when did this become the mother of all seriousness forum?

Oh wait, it always has been actually I just don't fit in.
Crunchy  Nuts
Reference:
There are a number of light hearted threads on this forum where your witty sense of humour might be appreciated, but there are other more serious threads where it just isn't appropriate to try to make a joke of the subject matter. This is one of those threads.

Disagree, but nevermind.
Playing devil's advocate here, but how would you feel if someone came and made a joke about animal cruelty on the thread where you just posted that horrific story?
We all have things that upset us or touches a nerve and it's just a matter of having the sensitivity to realise that and apologise when you have upset someone.
FM
As far as I'm concerned people can say what they want. Nothing will upset me. Yes I'd hate to see a cat getting shot in the face and hanged, infact I'd beat the living daylights out of the people that do it, but if someone made a joke about it on this forum, I wouldn't start having a hissy fit about it, even if I didn't find it funny. 
I don't apologise unless I actually mean it so no I won't be apologising as I have nothing to apologise for, and it's nothing personal against you Isadora as I like you as forumer, but even if I was thinking of apologising, I definitely wouldn't now after being told to.
Crunchy  Nuts

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.