Ben's Buddies

Good morning everyone, I usually wake about that time Yogi, I like it because I can have a nice lie-in, I listened the Tommy Steele on Bill Kenwright's show this morning.  Such an interesting listen, it's on iPlayer and well worth catching, such a fascinating insight into an extraordinary time in music.

 

We've had some lovely refreshing rain this morning and the clouds are clearing to reveal some deep blue sky.

 

Enjoy your day everyone

Squiggle, some weeks ago I happened to see a bit of BBC1's The One Show. They were chatting with a man and I thought could it be Tommy Steele and it was. I hadn't seen anything of him other than films he made in the 1960s and he's still as charming as he was. He even did a Glenn Miller routine.

Good afternoon or is it early evening yet? 🤔 I’ve finally had a day off to myself, but I’ve been sleeping through most of it! I must have needed it  

 

how are you all? 

I love all this talk of old films  

 

I have good news; my best friends cancer is early stages and doesn’t appear to have spread anywhere else, thank god!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 6 months of chemo should clear it up. She’s going to make me do a huge walk with her when this is over, I just know it lol 

El Loro posted:

Summer, as Yogi says, that's really good news about your friend

 

I admit that I've a bit of a film buff and prefer older films to modern ones.

 

Yogi, would thicker/blackout curtains help?

I can’t have them. I’m not afraid of the dark as such, but if it’s pitch black it freaks me out - might be to do with my claustrophobia.

Good mornng everyone

 

Very overcast here and cooler. Showers are quite likely over the next few days.

 

Yogi, you can get semi-blackout curtains which block out most of the external light but don't leave you in pitch blackness.

 

Summer, I prefer older films as generally they rely more on telling a story. Of course some modern films are the exception such as that Mr Holmes film I saw the other day which could have been made unchanged at any time.

 

I see that Krakatoa:East of Java (1966) is on Talking Pictures this afternoon. It's quite a watchable disaster film and the geograpical error in the title is possibly the most famous goof in film history. It's just off the western end of Java.

 

Very straightfoward client meeting this morning.

 

I hope everyone has a good day

Good morning everyone 

Weather is dry and bright atm. Rain showers scuppered my lawn cutting yesterday but hopefully I might get it done today. *crosses fingers*

Add me to the list of people who prefer old films

Thanks for the info about semi blackout curtains, El.

Doing our grocery shopping today and probably doing my parent’s shopping tomorrow. *adds cakes for Moonie to shopping list*

Have a good day all 

Eddie Mair, the presenter of Radio 4's afternoon news programme, has been my favourite presenter on either radio or television for quite some time in the way he was prepared to deal with subjects which aren't easy. I'd known for sometime that he was leaving the BBC later this month but he decided to go earlier without telling anyone at the BBC.
This was his way of leaving (today he said this felt the perfect way to leave with no fuss):
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programm...d6y96#playt=0h57m10s

 

If you were to look at the Podcast link to see some of the Eddie Mair interviews you would realise that some of them are not routine interviews. There is a lengthy list of interviews with another journalist Steve Hewlett over a period of time when he is first diagnosed with oesopheagal cancer, the treatment, progression, and the eventual realisation that he woud die. Powerful, moving, and honest.

 

Eddie Mair is moving to LBC due to start next month.

Good morning everyone

 

Cloudy here and forecast is for rain, cooler than yesterday so well down from what it had been.

 

Yogi, thanks for the cakes I've taken 1% leaving the other 99% for Moonie and anyone else brave enough to take some

 

I hope everyone has a good day

El Loro posted:

Good morning everyone

 

Cloudy here and forecast is for rain, cooler than yesterday so well down from what it had been.

 

Yogi, thanks for the cakes I've taken 1% leaving the other 99% for Moonie and anyone else brave enough to take some

 

I hope everyone has a good day

Much appreciated El  

Good morning everyone, we had torrential rain this morning, it was lovely to hear, see and smell it!! The garden is looking much better for it and there's more forecast for over the weekend.  Thanks for the cake Yogi - my favourite.

 

Enjoy your day everyone

Add Reply

Likes (14)
MoonieFormer MemberFormer MemberFormer MemberJensen JunkiekattymieowwHobbesJoyronbrisketEl LoroSword of DamoclesTooth Fairy~Sweet Summer Holidays~Scotty
×
×
×
×
×