Good morning, everyone. Weather is damp and dismal.

Moonie, good to see you were able to pop in again last night.

Squiggle, I hope your parcel arrives early this morning and you don't spend another day, hanging around waiting.

Summer, is your willpower holding out with your calorie counting? I bet it is.

El, I hope you don't have any client visits today as the forecast isn't good for being out and about.

Have a good day, everyone.

Good morning everyone

 

A fairly sunny morning here but showers are forecast in the afternoon. It is fairly windy.

 

Squiggle, I hope you get compensation for the non-delivery of your parcel.

 

Ros, I'm sure that by the time of the actual performance, your choir will be great

Good morning everyone, it's very windy here too EL.  They have updated the tracking info on the website to show the parcel will be delivered this afternoon between 2 and 4.  I did try ringing but usual story, kept on hold, costs a fortune to ring and no-one ever actually answers you, and of course no freephone number shown on Say no to 0870.  I shall, I suppose, do just what they want me to do, go away and don't make a fuss, as long as the parcel arrives today.

 

I hope the weather brightens up for everyone, I know the forecast down here at least is for a wet weekend

Squiggle, your parcel had better be delivered this afternoon. The delivery company doesn't seem to have a clue about customer service.

The forecast in my area is nearly as poor as yours though I think Sunday should be less bad than tomorrow. Although rain is forecast throughot tomorrow it looks as if the heaviest persistent rain is before 6am and then it's heavry showers.

 

Motning Moonie

Originally Posted by Yogi19:

Squiggle, I hope your parcel does arrive this afternoon, as promised.

I wonder how many days are lost by people waiting in for parcels which don't arrive when they are supposed to?

 

Hi Moonie, how are you today?

Not to bad now fankoo Yogi

I hope your major meeting goes well next week EL, sounds like a biggie.  I hope the day is treating you well moonie   Thanks Yogi, I hope so too.

 

The guy is here scarifying the lawns (I always get a mental picture of someone going boo, but that's just me )  You should see the dead stuff that's come out, I reckon they needed doing

Originally Posted by squiggle:

I hope your major meeting goes well next week EL, sounds like a biggie.  I hope the day is treating you well moonie   Thanks Yogi, I hope so too.

 

The guy is here scarifying the lawns (I always get a mental picture of someone going boo, but that's just me )  You should see the dead stuff that's come out, I reckon they needed doing

It is fankoo Squiggle

I hope you are not to scarified

Just had a phone call from a reporter from the local paper asking for my views on this news story today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27328069

Apart from hearing about it on the radio this morning I know no more about it than the rest of you so I said I didn't want to make a comment about it for publication. The reporter has been ringing other accountants in Gloucester and has yet to find any prepared to comment.

(and it was not mentioned at the tax course the other day)

 

Originally Posted by moonie:
Originally Posted by Yogi19:

Squiggle, I hope your parcel does arrive this afternoon, as promised.

I wonder how many days are lost by people waiting in for parcels which don't arrive when they are supposed to?

 

Hi Moonie, how are you today?

Not to bad now fankoo Yogi

That's good.

Originally Posted by squiggle:

I hope your major meeting goes well next week EL, sounds like a biggie.  I hope the day is treating you well moonie   Thanks Yogi, I hope so too.

 

The guy is here scarifying the lawns (I always get a mental picture of someone going boo, but that's just me )  You should see the dead stuff that's come out, I reckon they needed doing

My eldest son did my front lawn last year and it is much improved.

Originally Posted by El Loro:

Just had a phone call from a reporter from the local paper asking for my views on this news story today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27328069

Apart from hearing about it on the radio this morning I know no more about it than the rest of you so I said I didn't want to make a comment about it for publication. The reporter has been ringing other accountants in Gloucester and has yet to find any prepared to comment.

(and it was not mentioned at the tax course the other day)

 

I think you are wise not to comment.

Originally Posted by Yogi19:
Originally Posted by squiggle:

I hope your major meeting goes well next week EL, sounds like a biggie.  I hope the day is treating you well moonie   Thanks Yogi, I hope so too.

 

The guy is here scarifying the lawns (I always get a mental picture of someone going boo, but that's just me )  You should see the dead stuff that's come out, I reckon they needed doing

My eldest son did my front lawn last year and it is much improved.

Nine bags of thatch Yogi, can you believe it - huge bin bags too, my poor lawn looks awful now but I am sure the best is yet to come.  He scarified it, aerated it and put down moss killer, so it will look worse before it looks better, the moss will all go black.

Originally Posted by Yogi19:
Originally Posted by El Loro:

Just had a phone call from a reporter from the local paper asking for my views on this news story today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27328069

Apart from hearing about it on the radio this morning I know no more about it than the rest of you so I said I didn't want to make a comment about it for publication. The reporter has been ringing other accountants in Gloucester and has yet to find any prepared to comment.

(and it was not mentioned at the tax course the other day)

 

I think you are wise not to comment.

Me too, I can see endless problems with this.

 

Originally Posted by El Loro:

A lovely news item on the BBC website where Unchained Melody has unchained a woman:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-27343416

 

What a lovely heartwarming story.

Originally Posted by Yogi19:
Originally Posted by moonie:
Originally Posted by Yogi19:

Squiggle, I hope your parcel does arrive this afternoon, as promised.

I wonder how many days are lost by people waiting in for parcels which don't arrive when they are supposed to?

 

Hi Moonie, how are you today?

Not to bad now fankoo Yogi

That's good.

Fankoo muchly

Originally Posted by El Loro:

Squiggle, has your parcel arrived yet - it's gone 4 ?

 

Yes it arrived eventually.  It's two motorcyle wheels for my eldest grandson's bike.  The poor guy, his van was too big for the lane and he had to park down the bottom and he was hoping my house was only a couple of houses up but we are right at the other end.  He was exhausted, and when I was a little slow to get to the door I think he nearly had a heart attack.

Originally Posted by squiggle:
Originally Posted by El Loro:

Squiggle, has your parcel arrived yet - it's gone 4 ?

 

Yes it arrived eventually.  It's two motorcyle wheels for my eldest grandson's bike.  The poor guy, his van was too big for the lane and he had to park down the bottom and he was hoping my house was only a couple of houses up but we are right at the other end.  He was exhausted, and when I was a little slow to get to the door I think he nearly had a heart attack.

 Good that the delivery finally arrived.

lol at the delivery guy. I wonder if he was thinking you weren't at home and he'd have to take the wheels back to his van?

Originally Posted by squiggle:
Originally Posted by Yogi19:
Originally Posted by El Loro:

Just had a phone call from a reporter from the local paper asking for my views on this news story today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27328069

Apart from hearing about it on the radio this morning I know no more about it than the rest of you so I said I didn't want to make a comment about it for publication. The reporter has been ringing other accountants in Gloucester and has yet to find any prepared to comment.

(and it was not mentioned at the tax course the other day)

 

I think you are wise not to comment.

Me too, I can see endless problems with this.

 

Originally Posted by El Loro:

A lovely news item on the BBC website where Unchained Melody has unchained a woman:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-27343416

 

What a lovely heartwarming story.

Aww, that's a lovely story.

Originally Posted by moonie:
Originally Posted by El Loro:

Moonie, I haven't noticed any slowness today on this forum. Is it just this site or other sites?

 

Its just in here El

Are you using Firefox? If so, quit Firefox and then come back in to see if that helps.

Alternatively try clearing your browser cache to see if that helps.

Originally Posted by El Loro:
Originally Posted by moonie:
Originally Posted by El Loro:

Moonie, I haven't noticed any slowness today on this forum. Is it just this site or other sites?

 

Its just in here El

Are you using Firefox? If so, quit Firefox and then come back in to see if that helps.

Alternatively try clearing your browser cache to see if that helps.

I am using Firefox El and I have tried quitting it earlier on today but will try clearing my cache, fankoo

I was out and about earlier and always keep an eye on here on my mobile internet, which uses Google Chrome. It was the same on there for this site too.

Add Reply

Likes (15)
VD Moonie FM FM FM Jensen JunkiekattymieowwHobbesJoyronbrisketEl LoroSword of DamoclesTooth Fairy~Sparkling Summer~Scotty
Post
×
×
×
×
×