Skip to main content

bernard mathews turkey rashers! the OH has decided she needs to lose  half a stone in preparation for the holidays.(dunno why, she looks  the same as she always does to me)

so we are not allowed bacon and eggs any more, but she found  turkey rashers are virtually fat free , so we are allowed  turkey rashers and poached eggs, which was really nice, btw.

then she told me 6 rashers cost ÂĢ1:90 !!!

how can this be right 30 pence a rasher!!

yours sincerely
jacksonb tightwad.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Reference:
Yes thats the cheap stuff..and don't talk to me about the price of beer, I nearly had a heart attack buying my neighbour a box of Budweiser yesterday..₮23.99 for a box of 24..300ml..I'll be shopping up north the way things are going....
Its shocking isn't it, we are royally ripped off. Some of my German lot were over last week and went into complete shock at the price of beer and food. The only shop the teenage kids loved was Pennys, otherwise they couldn't believe how we tolerate the prices in the Republic. We should take to the streets, I tell ya
Fairfax
Reference:
Its shocking isn't it, we are royally ripped off. Some of my German lot were over last week and went into complete shock at the price of beer and food. The only shop the teenage kids loved was Pennys, otherwise they couldn't believe how we tolerate the prices in the Republic. We should take to the streets, I tell ya
Last time I was over in Drogheda, I saw a pair of jeans I like in River Island. They are ÂĢ39.99 here and a whopping ₮67 over there....the shops such as RI haven't even dropped the prices over there in line with the Euro being strong against the ÂĢ...it's shockingly expensive over there.......my friend brought me back some Golden Virginia rolling tobacco from Bulgaria the other day, it cost just under ÂĢ5...it was exported from Mullingar!!!!!...we pay around ÂĢ12-ÂĢ14 here for it so I can only imagine over there you'd be looking at about ₮18 maybe more....

...no wonder most of my friends head up North for shopping
The Devil In Diamante
Reference:
Its shocking isn't it, we are royally ripped off. Some of my German lot were over last week and went into complete shock at the price of beer and food. The only shop the teenage kids loved was Pennys, otherwise they couldn't believe how we tolerate the prices in the Republic. We should take to the streets, I tell ya
I knew they'd re hike the prices once England put the VAT up but the north is still cheaper and why should we be loyal to the robbing fat cats..my friend from England could'nt believe our prices.. We should boycott Dunnes and Tesco's until they bring there prices into line....
stonks
I couldn't believe it Fairfax, they should HAVE to keep the prices in line with the exchange rates....as for buying a multi-pack of larger in the SUpermarket!!!!

When my friends visit here they like to bag themself a few bargains of course, but when I go there even the pub prices are a massive dent in my budget...

...although, my friends do get paid alot more than me as their cost of living is higher, soooo, they think it's cheap over here but for me some things they think are cheap because they are so expensive over there, are expensive to me because of my income...if that makes sense....
The Devil In Diamante
Reference:
.my friend brought me back some Golden Virginia rolling tobacco from Bulgaria the other day, it cost just under ÂĢ5...it was exported from Mullingar!!!!!...we pay around ÂĢ12-ÂĢ14 here for it so I can only imagine over there you'd be looking at about ₮18 maybe more....
I pay nearly ₮9 for 25g of Amber leaf....

Reference:
Stonks & DID, don't get me started. I'll self combust
I'm the same, I know nearly every price going here for anything....
stonks
Reference:
This was a 50 g pack....I prefer Amber Leaf, but you get what you can while it's on offer....the OH smokes GV so I will swap him.... THere's a Polish shop up the road and they sell them from under the counter at ÂĢ6.50 Amber Leaf and ÂĢ7.50 GV...50g...happy days...
I have'nt seen a 50g pack since I got it from under the counter at the market yard, I don't even think you can buy it here..they made 10's packs of cigarettes illigal....
stonks
Reference:
...although, my friends do get paid alot more than me as their cost of living is higher, soooo, they think it's cheap over here but for me some things they think are cheap because they are so expensive over there, are expensive to me because of my income...if that makes sense....
But not for the unemployed..they cut unemployment benefit for the under 21's from ₮204 down to ₮100, how anyone could live on that I don't know and the builders are having their wages cut by upto 50% they are that desperate for work....
stonks
Reference:
I know and I've got one nephew who's paid tax since leaving school and they won't give him anything, he's living on the wages of one nights work aweek in a pub and what bit of labouring work he can get off his brother.
Good God, how does he manage?? Am I right in saying you have to pay just to see a Doctor over there as well Stonks?
The Devil In Diamante

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.