Skip to main content

FM
Former Member

Hi everyone, hoping you can help. A lot of us are getting the whirring cogs on the hour, mostly every hour at 23 minutes past and wonder if something has gone horrendously wrong 

There was a time when this forum used to work brilliantly without any problems and it would be great to get back to those times 

For info (in case you need it) I'm on Windows 8 on Chrome, alltough I'm not sure this has any bearing on it 

Replies sorted oldest to newest

OK, I've been asked to suggest that you email our support site during the actual issue (remember that often I don't see your posts about it until 24 hours later or something). You can just email support@socialstrata.com, and think about these questions when you email:

- Is it only when posting that it happens, or are there other actions that bring it on? 

- Is it only when posting replies, or does it also happen when you start a new topic?

- about how long does it take to post a reply? Can you time it?

- does it work "eventually"? Does your post finally go through? 

Lori
Originally Posted by Lori:

OK, I've been asked to suggest that you email our support site during the actual issue (remember that often I don't see your posts about it until 24 hours later or something). You can just email support@socialstrata.com, and think about these questions when you email:

- Is it only when posting that it happens, or are there other actions that bring it on? 

- Is it only when posting replies, or does it also happen when you start a new topic?

- about how long does it take to post a reply? Can you time it?

- does it work "eventually"? Does your post finally go through? 

When posting 

Never tried posting a topic at that time , so simply replies 

Almost exactly 1 minute , I would say ...from just before 23 ...to 24 minutes past 

Yes, but only by pressing submit again , getting the * you've already posted this message , cancelling , and waiting  

Hope that helps Lori  

Baz

Lori, that's good that they can see there's an issue. I had wondered if it was an issue which could only be experienced here in the UK caused by the data having to cross the Atlantic or if it was noticeable in the States.

For their information, I can replicate the issue any time I post a comment at 23 minutes past though have only tried it at even hours. There are no other actions involved, no other webpages open. It's happening on too many people's computers for it to be anything to do with which operating system or browser is being used. It does happen when creating a new topic or posting to an existing topic. The posting can consist of just a sentence so the issue does not depend on content of posting.

The issue seems to occur a few seconds before 23 minutes past the hour. The cogs remain for slightly over 60 seconds before they cease and the thread screen comes back with the posted reply just after 24 minutes past. The post shows the time it was submitted rather than the thread screen comes back. That suggests to me that the servers have received the post at the correct time but that something is happening to interrupt the signal back to indicate that it has been received. (I'm not an IT expert on servers but hopefully that will mean something to the tech guys).

El Loro

A testing post on this thread a few minutes ago is followed by my timings.

https://www.gagajoyjoy.com/topi...6#397334740907759626

The result is in line with my other observations. The cogs affect postings made about 15 seconds before the 23 minute mark so 22 minutes 45 seconds. They last about 1 minute and 20 seconds and the thread page reappears at 24 minutes 5 seconds.

Timings are accurate to within a couple of seconds.

El Loro

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.